Who Won Tank Vs Garcia?
- 0.1 How many times did Tank drop Garcia?
- 0.2 What happened to Gervonta vs Garcia?
- 0.3 What is the score of Tank vs Garcia?
- 0.4 Who defeated Ryan Garcia?
- 1 Has Tank lost any fights?
- 2 Why did Ryan Garcia lose?
- 3 How many fights did Tank lose?
- 4 Is Tank the boxer in jail?
- 5 Who has Tank lost to?
- 6 Why did Tank the boxer go to jail?
- 7 How many fights did Tank lose?
- 8 Who is the favorite in Tank vs Garcia?
How many times did Tank drop Garcia?
Gervonta Davis stops Ryan Garcia with body shot to cap another brilliant performance
Can anyone beat Gervonta Davis?Ryan Garcia is a damn good fighter and he didn’t even come close Saturday night before 20,842 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, taking a vicious left to the body that forced him to quit on one knee in the seventh round.The dramatic ending – Davis’ 27 th knockout in 29 victories – was only the punctuation mark on another superb all-around performance by Tank.
Garcia (23-1, 19 KOs) isn’t as established as some elite fighters near his weight but he’s a well-schooled, terrific athlete with one-punch knockout power. And Davis defused almost everything he tried to do. The 24-year-old from California attacked Davis aggressively several times in Round 2 in an attempt take charge, only to have Davis tie him up in each instance.
Then a short left from Davis put Garcia down. Garcia landed a few nice right hands in Round 6, which was perhaps his best round and gave him hope of turning the momentum. Then, in the next round, the fight was over. Garcia’s vaunted left hook? It was as if it didn’t exist. Davis didn’t beat up Garcia but he beat him convincingly.
He outboxed him from the second round on, did enough to win the rounds, put Garcia down twice and scored a highlight reel knockout while taking almost no punishment himself. The scores – 59-55, 58-56 and 58-56 – might seem to indicate that the fight was close.
It wasn’t. It was another dominating performance by Davis, who continues to build a case that he’s the best boxer in the world. “You really don’t know until you actually get in with an opponent,” Davis said in the ring afterward. “Once I got in there with him, I felt, skill wise, it was,” The knockout was painful to watch.
Davis and Garcia were in close quarters when Davis, in a crouching position, lifted up his head and poked a straight left hand into the right side of Garcia. Garcia took a step back and turned slightly but it didn’t seem to be a fight-ending shot. Then he winced and dropped to a knee in obvious pain.
And that’s where he stayed when referee Thomas Taylor reached the count of 10. Garcia was gutted in more ways than one. “He just caught me with a good shot,” Garcia said. “I don’t want to make excuses. He caught me with a good shot and I just couldn’t recover. That’s it, all I want to say.” Davis said that he wasn’t sure whether he had landed the decisive blow.
“I thought he was going to get up,” Davis said and then described eye contact between the rivals. “I like to play mind games. When he looked at me, I looked at him like I was saying, ‘Get up.’ He shook his head, saying, ‘no.'” Where does the victory leave Davis? The obvious next step is to pursue one of the top 135-pounders next, undisputed champion Devin Haney, Vasiliy Lomachenko or Shakur Stevenson, all of whom have a stronger resume than Garcia.
It’s not clear how the matchmaking will play out. Haney is scheduled to defend against Lomachenko on May 20. And Stevenson fights for a rival outfit, Top Rank. The big fights will come, though. Davis is too good, too popular to avoid if anyone has a mind to do so. How popular is he? The organizers of the event on Saturday declared repeatedly that the winner would become the face of boxing because of the fighters’ combination of ability, massive social media following and, in Davis’ case, the ability to pack arenas.
That might be an overstatement with Canelo Alvarez still active. Then again, maybe Davis has already overtaken the Mexican star, who might be in decline. Tank was asked afterward whether he’s now the face of the sport. He didn’t hesitate when he responded.
What happened to Gervonta vs Garcia?
Gervonta Davis knocks out Ryan Garcia in seventh round – as it happened. Gervonta Davis wins by seventh-round knockout!
What is the score of Tank vs Garcia?
Gervonta ‘Tank’ Davis didn’t let it go to the scorecards, but he was leading on every judge’s card at the time of his seventh round knockout win over Ryan Garcia. Davis (29-0, 27 KO) led 58-55, 58-56, and 59-55 on the three cards.
Who defeated Ryan Garcia?
Garcia vs. Davis – Main article: On February 24, 2023, it was announced that Garcia would face on April 22, in in a 136 lbs catchweight contest. The long awaited bout was a joint PPV event between and, Davis knocked down Garcia in the second round and then also in the seventh round from a body shot.
Garcia was unable to rise on the referee’s count of ten, leading to Gervonta Davis being declared winner via KO. Following the fight, Garcia was criticized by some boxing figures for not rising in the seventh round. In an appearance on, said that Garcia “quit,” stating: “Listen to me. If you can get up at 11, why can’t you get up at 9? If you can look up, you can get up, Max, and he chose not to.” Promoter stated, “you can’t say that he didn’t quit.
But I don’t blame him for doing it, like most people in that position would’ve done that. But quitting is deciding not to continue and he decided not to continue.” This was Garcia’s first loss as a professional.
Has Tank lost any fights?
Gervonta Davis Record – 10 years and two months into his professional boxing career, Gervonta Davis has fought 29 times with 29 wins and no losses. As of September 2023, Davis’ boxing record stands at 29-0 (27 KO wins). Following is a tabular list of Davis’ fights.
Did Tank ever lose a fight?
Gervonta Davis Record: Losses, Knockdowns, and More via Getty LONDON, ENGLAND – MAY 20: Gervonta Davis of The United States celebrates following his fight with Liam Walsh of England in the IBF World Junior Lightweight Championship match at Copper Box Arena on May 20, 2017 in London, England.
- Photo by Alex Pantling/Getty Images) Gervonta Davis is a supremely talented pugilist who’s stirred the sport with his out-of-the-box prowess.
- Davis hasn’t even completed a decade in the boxing space, but he’s already tracing his path towards an incredible legacy.
- That said, with his terrific power in-ring IQ, and more, Davis pinned himself as one of the most promising boxing prodigies.
America’s Favorite Video Today But how much do you know about Davis’ boxing record? Is he undefeated in his professional run? What is Gervonta Davis’ record? ADVERTISEMENT Article continues below this ad Davis’ sensational track record stands at wins with absolute 0 losses.
‘Tank’ is a true killer who batters his opponents to a pulp. This is why a whopping 24 of his wins have arrived via T/KO. Davis has a knack of going after his opponents from the first bell itself. Additionally, he is also blessed with the ability to decode his adversary’s style in the initial minutes itself.
In all, Davis hammers his opponents with his aggressive fight style. On top of that, he makes calculated changes in his fights to take the bout long if required. Has “Tank” Davis lost any fights? Davis is undefeated in his professional boxing run. However, that wasn’t the case when he was an amateur.
Gervonta Davis’ amateur career was full of trials, but at the end of the day, he learned from his mistakes and got better when he turned professional. via Getty NEW YORK, NY – JANUARY 24: MANDATORY CREDIT Bill Tompkins/Getty Images Gervonta Davis speaks to the Media during SHOWTIME SPORTS 2018 Boxing Announcements at Cipriani on Jnauary 24, 2018 in New York City.
(Photo by Bill Tompkins/Getty Images) ‘ amateur boxing record stands at wins with 3 losses in total. Out of these three, two came in against Joet Gonzalez and one came in when he faced Ernesto Delgadillo.
Who will win Garcia or Davis?
Who’s the Betting Favorite? – has Davis as a -290 favorite to win the fight and Garcia as a +215 underdog. That means there is a 74.36% implied probability that Davis wins and a 31.75% probability that Garcia secures the victory. If you’re curious how to interpret those odds, check out our,
- Davis’ last fight on Jan.7, 2023 ended after the eighth round via retirement when his opponent, Héctor García, refused to come out for the ninth round.
- Davis smashed García with a pair of looping shots just before the bell and did enough damage to end the fight.
- Garcia has been out of the ring for much longer.
His last fight was against Javier Fortuna on July 16, 2022, which he won via sixth-round knockout. The decisive blow was a three-piece combo capped off by a left-hand straight to the temple. Garcia that there’s a rehydration clause in his agreement with Davis that says he cannot eat or drink water three days out of the week “for comfortability.”Although fighters are used to putting their bodies through extreme measures to make weight, the effects, if the clause is real, could reduce Garcia’s energy and strength on fight night.
Both fighters are explosive. The phrase “a puncher’s chance” is attributed to underdogs that are inferior in talent and skill but have devastating power. In this battle, there is no such thing because nearly every punch from both fighters can be the one that ends the fight. Davis will have work to do to get past Garcia’s reach, but the latter’s upright chin and loose guard should give “Tank” the opening he needs to get inside and do the business.
Don’t discount Garcia from using his lightning-fast hand speed to catch Davis in the later rounds if the fight lasts long enough and if Davis’ cardio is suspect as it has been in the past. Anyone interested in betting on the fight can also predict the method of victory, what round the fight will end, and which fighter will win a particular round.
Why did Ryan Garcia lose?
New footage shows Ryan Garcia telling trainer why he didn’t continue in Gervonta Davis fight Ryan Garcia told trainer Joe Goossen his rib was injured, hence why he sat out the referee’s count and lost to Gervonta Davis. Tank by seventh-round knockout in the battle of young American lightweight stars in Las Vegas.2 Garcia could not get up after taking a thunderous body shot from Davis Credit: Esther Lin/SHOWTIME
- The fight got off to a tentative start before action broke out in the second round.
- Garcia hurled speedy combinations at, forcing him to grab hold.
- However, he then became reckless and was knocked down as he missed with a left hook and was hammered by Tank’s counter left.
- Garcia was cautious and allowed Davis to take control after surviving this knockdown.
- As they hit the halfway point, Garcia had success again by hitting Tank with a couple of hard rights.
- It was all over one round later though as he was smashed by a body shot, took a knee and sat out the referee’s count.
2 Garcia admitted he chose not to continue because of the rib injury Credit: Showtime
- Showtime’s All Access Epilogue documentary has now been released and shown what was said in the ring after the fight.
- Garcia’s trainer Goossen asked his fighter about the body shot: “Did it hit that rib part at all Ryan?”
- “Yeah,” Garcia replied.
- Goosen then said: “I knew it.”
- To which Garcia explained: “I didn’t wanna continue because of my rib.”
- According to, Garcia has since sacked Goossen after the 24-year-old accused someone in his camp of being a mole.
- Speaking on Instagram after the fight, he wrote: “Actually sad I had a mole in my camp.
- “Like WTF that’s crazy but thank god it’s brought to light now.”
- However, the 24-year-old was adamant the mole had nothing to do with the defeat and accepted he lost fair and square.
- He continued: “Also didn’t mean that to come off as an excuse or anything.
“I lost, period. I’ll come back but I’m just shocked that part of my team crossed me, someone, close to me.
- “But it’s a testimony that you must be aware of anyone.”
- It’s unclear if this accusation is related to Goossen’s reported dismissal, but either way, Garcia appears to be looking for a new coach.
And despite the somewhat disappointing end, the fight pulled in 1.2 million PPV buys in the US alone. This is a truly incredible number, and Oscar De La Hoya believes Garcia was the reason because he was willing to take on Tank. In a tweet, De La Hoya said: “Garcia is the new face of PPV, like it or not.
- So Garcia might have lost, but he is a huge name and will surely be back soon once that rib is healed.
- He has faced plenty of criticism for not fighting on, including from Carl Froch as he laid into Garcia.
- “As far as I’m concerned,”, “if you stay down to a body shot and you haven’t got broken ribs, which he didn’t because he was walking around giving hugs and handshakes to people after, if you go down to a body shot, you’ve got to get off the canvas, stand up, take your licks and go out on your shield.
“Don’t stay down to a body shot, if you do, you’ve quit. “For me, Ryan Garcia quit, it’s not good enough, you’ve got to stay in there and climb off the canvas. : New footage shows Ryan Garcia telling trainer why he didn’t continue in Gervonta Davis fight
Why did Garcia stop fighting?
He took 15 months off after that fight to address his mental health and to recover from a broken hand. His talent is unquestioned; his place in the hierarchy is harder to ascertain. Garcia is about to discover whether scarcity creates demand.
How many fights did Tank lose?
▷ Gervonta Davis ‘Tank’ ( 30-0-0 ) – Fights, Stats, Videos – FITE.
How many fights did Garcia lose?
What is Ryan Garcia’s Record? – Ryan Garcia’s record currently stands at 23 wins, 1 loss and 0 draws. Of those 23 wins he has stopped 19 of his opponents, so his current knock-out ratio is 83%. In his 1 loss, he was stopped. He’s boxed a total of 92 rounds, meaning his professional fights last 3.8 rounds on average.
Who is the favorite Tank vs Garcia?
‘Tank’ Davis is a -290 the betting favorite in a fight against Ryan Garcia who is +215.
Did Ryan Garcia ever lose?
Ryan Garcia Record – Six years and 10 months into his professional boxing career, Ryan Garcia has fought 24 times with 23 wins and a single loss. As of September 2023, Garcia’s boxing record stands at 23-1 (19 KO wins, 1 KO loss). Following is a tabular list of Garcia’s fights.
Is Gervonta Davis a champion?
Championships – Davis has previously held both the IBF and WBA super featherweight titles on separate occasions, and has recently claimed the WBA ‘regular’ lightweight belt.
Is Tank the boxer in jail?
Gervonta Davis released from jail after 44 days and sends tweet immediately Gervonta Davis has now been released from jail and was pictured leaving prison on Friday. The 28-year-old American star spent a total of 44 days behind bars after violating the terms of a sentence that initially saw him avoid jail time.3 Davis established himself as one of boxing’s biggest stars by knocking out Ryan Garcia in April Credit: Getty 3 However, he was then sent to prison Credit: Broward County 3 Davis has now been released and was pictured emerging from prison on Friday Credit: Orenthal Watkins – Instagram — Gervonta Davis (@Gervontaa)
- On May 5, Davis was over his November 2020 hit-and-run car crash which injured four people.
- Because he accepted a plea deal and pled guilty to four traffic offences, he avoided a jail time.
- Tank was instead sentenced to 90 days of home detention, three years’ probation, plus 200 hours of community service.
- However, not even a month later, Davis after all.
He violated the terms of his home detention order and was ordered to serve the rest of his 90-day sentence in jail as a result. It was that he violated the terms by trying to serve the home detention order at the Four Seasons Hotel and a $3.4million penthouse, rather than trainer Calvin Ford’s one-bedroom property as the judge initially agreed.
- Davis’ lawyer claimed the reason for the move was because Ford’s place was too small for him and his security team, but the judge did not accept this because no request was ever made for a change in location.
- After being sent to jail on June 2, spoke out from inside prison and blasted the judge.
- He instructed a friend to go live from his Instagram account while speaking to him from the prison’s phone and branded her ‘crazy’.
- Unsurprisingly, this made no difference and he remained in jail.
- Now, after 44 days, Davis has been released and was pictured emerging with a big afro and facial hair on Friday.
- He also took to social media to send his first tweet immediately after his release – a simple saluting face emoji, seemingly a message to his supporters to let them know he is now back home.
: Gervonta Davis released from jail after 44 days and sends tweet immediately
Who has Tank lost to?
Gervonta Davis Loses: Gervonta Davis is one of the prominent boxing figures in the modern era. Despite being in the industry for By 5 months ago Wednesday – April 19, 2023 11:23 am Gervonta Davis Loses: Watch TANK Davis’ 3 Losses in Boxin Gervonta Davis Loses : Gervonta Davis is one of the prominent boxing figures in the modern era. Despite being in the industry for a decade, a defeated several other fighters with his fierce and aggressive fighting style.
- Since his debut in 2013, ‘Tank’ has a record of 28 wins which includes 26 wins by knockout.
- He has dominated every opponent in the boxing ring right from the first bell to reign his terror.
- Gervonta Davis ranks in the top 5 boxing prodigies in the lightweight division.
- But do you know Gervonta Davis has lost some of his fights? Follow Sports News Updates with InsideSport.IN.
Salute @Gervontaa #DavisGarcia Saturday, Apr 22 on PPV: https://t.co/uwVCxBudCR pic.twitter.com/an6V5uv4Tg — SHOWTIME Boxing (@ShowtimeBoxing) April 13, 2023 With zero losses in his professional career, Gervonta Davis reached this height due to his loss and mistakes in his amateur career. Gervonta Davis Loses: Watch TANK Davis’ 3 Losses in Boxing Although good things happen with loss, Gervonta Davis experienced the taste of loss during his amateur career with 3 major losses. Out of his 3 losses, he faced two losses with the likes of Joet Gonzalez and Ernesto Delgadillo.
Is Tank vs Ryan a title fight?
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|April 22, 2023
|T-Mobile Arena, Paradise, Nevada, U.S.
|Tale of the tape
Gervonta Davis vs. Ryan Garcia, billed as It Doesn’t Get Any Better Than This, was a professional boxing match contested between WBA (Regular) lightweight champion Gervonta Davis and former WBC interim lightweight champion Ryan Garcia, The non-title bout took place at a catchweight of 136 lbs, with a 10 lbs rehydration clause, on April 22, 2023, at T-Mobile Arena in Paradise, Nevada,
- Gervonta Davis knocked out Ryan Garcia in the seventh round with a body shot to Ryan Garcia’s right abdomen.
- After staggering backwards, Ryan Garcia took a knee, holding the right aide of his body.
- The fight was praised by commentators and financially successful.
- The fight reportedly sold over 1.2 million PPV buys on Showtime for $84.99.
It also generated approximately $22.8 million from ticket sales, with additional money earned from sponsorships and advertising.
Why did tank go to jail?
During May 5 sentencing, Gervonta Davis avoided jailing after he pleaded guilty to four counts linked to hit-and-run. – Gervonta ‘Tank’ Davis was arrested on JUne 1 following a court hearing over his alleged violation of house arrest. The multiple division boxing world champion is directed to spend 90 days in detention at the Baltimore City Central Booking Intake Facility, confirmed a Baltimore City Sheriff’s Office spokesperson.
- Earlier, during May 5 sentencing, Davis initially avoided his imprisonment as he pleaded guilty to four counts relating to a November 2020 hit-and-run case that wounded four people including a pregnant woman.
- Tank was jailed to three years probation and 200 hours of community service except in boxing.
Davis was in house arrest at the home of his trainer, Calvin Ford before he was arrested at a hearing. As per talkSPORT’s report, Davis has now been ordered to serve the remainder of his 90-day sentence in jail. Davis’ attorney, Michael Tomko told multiple media outlets that the player was taken into custody following an “impromptu” hearing on Thursday afternoon.
Meanwhile, Ryan Garcia faced the first professional defeat of his career in a seventh-round TKO against Gervonta Davis at the T-mobile Arena in Las Vegas on April 22. In the aftermath, Garcia is now reportedly sidelined by his own ‘Golden Bay’ squad during the post fight press conference. Additionally, Garcia’s promoter Oscar De La Hoya reportedly claimed to have left hurriedly over security concerns.
‘The Golden Boy’ also emphasized that the company president Eric Gomez was at the venue in support of Garcia. It is to mention that Gervonta Davis is one of the biggest boxing stars with a record of 29-0 along with 27 knockouts.
How many fights has Garcia won?
What is Ryan Garcia’s professional record? Ryan Garcia boasts a 23-1 record with 19 of those wins coming by way of knockout.
Why did Tank the boxer go to jail?
Why was Gervonta ‘Tank’ Davis arrested and jailed? The Baltimore City Sheriff’s Office confirmed to WBAL-TV 11 that Gervonta Davis, former WBA lightweight champion, was arrested Thursday for allegedly breaching his house arrest, ‘Tank’ was taken into custody after a visit to the Baltimore Circuit Court.
The boxer had been sentenced to 90 days of house arrest after pleading guilty to charges of leaving the scene of a car accident in November 2020. Now, Davis must spend the rest of his sentence in prison, The fighter was on a three-year probation period, in addition to having to serve 200 hours of community service.
According to no official details have yet been released about the reason for Davis being arrested, but the judge involved with the case had threatened to jail him if he could not secure somewhere appropriate to stay in Baltimore for the period of the house arrest.
When did Tank drop Garcia?
It was during an exchange in Round 7 that Davis landed a blink-and-you-missed-it left hand to the liver that sent Garcia to his first loss.
Who is the favorite Tank vs Garcia?
‘Tank’ Davis is a -290 the betting favorite in a fight against Ryan Garcia who is +215.
How many fights did Tank lose?
▷ Gervonta Davis ‘Tank’ ( 30-0-0 ) – Fights, Stats, Videos – FITE.
Who is the favorite in Tank vs Garcia?
Davis is the clear favorite for good reason, and we’ve found much more value in a more specific play than just betting on him to win. The best bet from our experts’ Gervonta Davis vs. Ryan Garcia predictions is on Tank to win by KO/TKO with -150 odds at Bet365 Sportsbook.