When Does Hocus Pocus 2 Come Out?
– 16 1993 .30 1942 . ё 6 2007 .
- 1 Where will Hocus Pocus 2 be streaming?
- 2 Will Hocus Pocus 2 be free on Disney Plus?
- 3 Is Hocus Pocus 2 on Netflix or Disney Plus?
- 4 Will there be a Hocus Pocus 3?
- 5 What date is Hocus Pocus 3 coming out?
- 6 Will there be a Hocus Pocus 3 2024?
- 7 Is Binx in Hocus Pocus 2?
When can I watch Hocus Pocus 2 on Disney Plus?
WHAT IS THE HOCUS POCUS 2 DISNEY PLUS RELEASE DATE? – Hocus Pocus 2 will begin streaming on Disney+ on Friday, September 30.
Where will Hocus Pocus 2 be streaming?
Where to watch Hocus Pocus 2 – Hocus Pocus 2 is the long-awaited sequel to Hocus Pocus and will stream exclusively on Disney+ beginning Sept.30, 2022. Three young girls accidentally bring back the Sanderson sisters to modern day Salem, and must find a way to stop them from wreaking havoc on the town’s children before dawn on All Hallow’s Eve.
Will Hocus Pocus 2 be on Disney?
A Disney+ Original movie, ‘Hocus Pocus 2’ will premiere September 30, 2022, exclusively on Disney+.
Will Hocus Pocus 2 be free on Disney Plus?
The movie is available for all subscribers to stream at no extra cost.
Is Hocus Pocus 2 on Disney or Netflix?
Hocus Pocus 2 is exclusive to Disney+.
Is Hocus Pocus 2 on Netflix or Disney Plus?
Hocus Pocus 2 will exclusively stream on Disney+.
Is Hocus Pocus 2 on Amazon Prime?
The sequel is streaming exclusively on Disney Plus; there will was no theatrical release of the film and it is not on Amazon Prime Video.
What is Hocus Pocus 2 available?
Hocus Pocus 2 | On Disney+
Is The movie Hocus Pocus on Netflix?
If you’re trying to skip the whole Disney Plus thing, you might head to other streaming services like Hulu or Netflix to find Hocus Pocus. Sadly, you won’t find Hocus Pocus on those platforms. And considering Hocus Pocus is a Disney movie, it’ll probably always be exclusively part of Disney Plus.
Will there be a Hocus Pocus 3?
Hocus Pocus 3 is officially happening on Disney+, but as we enter spooky season again, we’re no closer to finding out when we’ll see the Sanderson Sisters return. Disney boss Sean Bailey confirmed that Hocus Pocus 3 was in the works in June 2023, following the long-awaited sequel being a hit on the streaming service.
We’re still waiting on further details though, likely as a result of the ongoing strikes in Hollywood, Hocus Pocus 2 ‘s director Anne Fletcher and writer Jen D’Angelo are returning for the new movie, according to The Wrap, While the ending of Hocus Pocus 2 feels fairly definitive, there was a credit scene that opened the door for the Sanderson sisters to make a comeback.
So, will there be a Hocus Pocus 3 ? Here’s everything you need to know so far. Be warned, major spoilers for Hocus Pocus 2 follow. Disney+
What date is Hocus Pocus 3 coming out?
Hocus Pocus 3 Release Date Rumors: When Is It Coming Out? The Hocus Pocus 3 release date is highly anticipated, owing to the success of the previous installments. The last part’s success has made viewers yearn for a third outing, featuring the three sister witches and their spooky actions once they are resurrected on Halloween night.
- Here’s all the Hocus Pocus 3 release date information we know so far, and all the details on when it is coming out.
- There’s some good news for the Hocus Pocus fans after all.
- In an interview with The New York Times in June 2023, Sean Bailey, President of Walt Disney Studios Motion Picture Production, revealed that a third installment of the beloved franchise was in the works.
However, there has been no announcement of an official release date as of yet. This announcement comes after the major streaming success of the second installment of the movie, which reunited the central stars – Bette Midler, Kathy Najimy, and as a trio of the Salem witches – 29 years after the release of Kenny Ortega’s 1993 original.
- The news also comes in time for the movie’s 30th anniversary.
- So fans can rest assured that the film will be returning.
- It is difficult to predict when the movie will be released, considering it has just been in the works as of now.
- If casting, filming, and production are taken into account, fans can expect it sometime in early to mid-2025.
This date is an estimation based on the information we have at the time of this writing. Apart from the three Salem sister witches, who have shown their interest in starring in the third installment, no other cast members have been officially announced.
Will there be a Hocus Pocus 3 2024?
It is a sequel to Hocus Pocus (1993) And Hocus Pocus 2 (2022). The movie is expected to come to Disney+ on October 2nd 2024.
Is Hocus Pocus 2 streaming free?
How to watch Hocus Pocus 2 and stream online – You need to buy a Disney+ subscription to watch and stream this fantasy comedy movie online.
Do I have to watch Hocus Pocus 1 before 2?
Hocus Pocus 2 plays to its followers with some references to the 1993 original, but you certainly don’t have to have seen that film to enjoy this one, and the addition of modern-day teenagers could help draw in new followers.
Why is Hocus Pocus 2 not in theaters?
The Sanderson sisters put another spell on “Hocus Pocus” fans — but did Disney miss out by bypassing theaters for a streaming-first release? The straight-to-Disney+ sequel to the 1993 movie — a theatrical flop ($45 million global on a $28 million budget) that later became a beloved cult phenomenon — debuted on the weekend of Sept.30 with Nielsen viewership of 2.75 billion minutes viewed.
The film dropped hard the first full week after that opening weekend, which isn’t unexpected, yet still posted a terrific 1.099 billion minutes viewed from October 3-9. “Hocus Pocus 2” was also the fourth most in-demand movie over the month of October, behind Paramount’s “Top Gun: Maverick,” Sony/Marvel’s “Spider-Man: No Way Home,” Warner Bros./DC’s “Black Adam” — all big-screen blockbusters, according to data from Parrot Analytics.
“Hocus Pocus 2” even finished ahead of Warner Bros.’ big-screen hit “The Batman” in terms of demand, which Parrot measures by factoring in consumer research, streaming, downloads and social media, among other engagement. That’s a big-screen level of demand — which suggests that the studio may have benefited from reconsidering its streaming-only release plans. “While it’s clear that Disney saw the streaming only release of ‘Hocus Pocus 2′ as a strategy to bolster the profile and popularity of Disney+,” Comscore senior media analyst Paul Dergarabedian told TheWrap, “perhaps they could have come up with a theatrical strategy that could have taken advantage of the cache of a big screen release while simultaneously reaping the benefits of the streaming option.” A representative for Disney declined to comment for this story.
One studio insider pointed to the “Hocus Pocus 2” viewership data as validating its original streaming-only release strategy. Nielsen initially reported the film had amassed a bigger week-long viewership figure (over its first Friday-to-Sunday frame) than any movie in Nielsen’s (just over two-years-and-counting) SVOD viewership measurement history.
That blow-out success runs counter to conventional wisdom that films that play in theaters (or intended for theatrical distribution) like “The Batman,” “Sing 2” and “Turning Red” perform better on streaming, especially non-Netflix platforms, than streaming-specific originals.
Save for Netflix’s “Don’t Look Up” and “Red Notice,” the other films in Nielsen’s Top 10 single-week viewership milestones either played in theaters (“Wonder Woman 1984,” “Encanto,” “Frozen II” and “Onward”) or were supposed to be in theaters before switching to streaming-first releases, often due to pandemic factors (“Hamilton,” “Luca” and “Turning Red”).
Billion-plus-minute streaming debuts for Disney Marvel’s “Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings” and 20th Century’s “Free Guy” following their theatrical successes implied that a strong theatrical release didn’t harm streaming potential on Disney+.
- Pixar’s theatrical flop “Lightyear” debuted with 1.3 billion minutes, implying its poor theatrical reception ($226 million global) didn’t make it less valuable during its first days as a Disney+ streaming title.
- The sky-high streaming debut figures suggest that “Hocus Pocus 2” might have succeeded at the box office had it opened in theaters, grossed a halfway decent global cume and then debuted to almost-as-big streaming figures.
And since Disney+ already assumed the production budget, a figure on which Disney declined to comment, the only risk would have been the cost of theatrical marketing campaign. “As a goodwill generator,” Dergarabedian said, “fans would have enjoyed the opportunity to see ‘Hocus Pocus 2′ on the big screen and theaters would have appreciated the additional content for their screens.” That’s especially true given the relative lack of major wide releases between Sony’s “Bullet Train” in early August and Universal’s “Halloween Ends” in mid-October. If “Hocus Pocus” had earned (educated speculation) around $100 million worldwide from a $40 million marketing spend, that would have been around $20 million in “found money” for a film that was already going to be made anyway. Still, the strategy would have carried risks.
Playing on nostalgia is no guarantee of success, as proven by recent dud sequels like 2016’s “Zoolander 2” and 2019’s “Zombieland: Double Tap.” And disappointing box office — fueled by middling reviews (“Hocus Pocus 2” earned only 64% from critics on Rotten Tomatoes, and 51% from audiences) — might have tarnished what was always intended as a surefire streaming hit.
That may partially explain why Netflix’s “Green Onion: A Knives Out Mystery,” a sequel to a Rian Johnson’s $310 million-grossing breakout smash, is only getting a week-long, 600-theater theatrical release. Why risk the film getting tagged as a box office bomb if it is already sure to be a streaming hit? “Hocus Pocus 2” executive producer David Kirschner previously told TheWrap that he preferred a streaming release.
- I just think such an amazing job that for me, it doesn’t make a difference in the least, and my preference is this,” he said.
- But I’ll leave it to others, if they want it in theaters, I guess they’ll make that argument.” It’s worth remembering that “Hocus Pocus” and Disney+’s upcoming Amy Adams fantasy musical “Enchanted” only have value due to their prior existence as theatrical releases.
Ditto whatever fortune and glory is gained from the upcoming episodic “Willow” TV show, or offshoots from “Night at the Museum,” “Home Alone” and other properties that mostly began life as theatrical films and only recently came under the Disney umbrella.
Is Binx in Hocus Pocus 2?
Just like the original, Hocus Pocus 2 has another black cat. This one is named Cobweb, but could he secretly be Thackery Binx in disguise? Hocus Pocus 2 has arrived on Disney+, and viewers have been quick to point out similarities between Gilbert’s black cat, Cobweb, and Thackery Binx, prompting whether it is Thackery after all. With many of the original Hocus Pocus actors returning to reprise their characters, plenty of people have wondered if Sean Murray’s Binx will be one of them.
Even after seeing the film, audiences are still wondering whether Cobweb is actually Binx thanks to the movie’s post-credit scene. In the original film, Thackery Binx is cursed and turned into a cat in 1693 by the Sanderson sisters when trying to save his younger sister Emily. He then spends the next 300 years as an immortal talking cat trying his best to ensure the witches never come back.
Eventually, the Sanderson sisters are awakened, and he helps the film’s protagonists defeat the witches, resulting in his soul finally being freed. However, Binx is not secretly Gilbert’s pet black cat, Cobweb, despite people’s desire to see him return for the sequel.
While Cobweb is another canny black cat, he is just a very clever kitty. At the end of the original Hocus Pocus, Binx finally finds peace and his spirit reunites with his sister Emily in the afterlife. The end of the original movie wrapped their story up perfectly, thus making it unfair and impossible to have a Binx and Emily cameo in Hocus Pocus 2,
Binx doesn’t return for the sequel because it doesn’t make sense for his character to return after the first film’s events, and it doesn’t fit the Hocus Pocus 2 storyline. The nod to Binx with Cobweb is a nice one, but nothing more should be read into it.
Where was Hocus Pocus 2 filmed?
Was Hocus Pocus 2 filmed in Salem?
No. It was filmed in Rhode Island and New York. Some Salem businesses and signs were used as inspiration for set design on Hocus Pocus 2.
Was the first Hocus Pocus filmed in Salem?
Yes, filming locations are listed on both Salem.org and HauntedHappenings.org and include the Ropes Mansion, Salem Common, Old Town Hall, and Pioneer Village.
Disney’s Hocus Pocus Disney’s Hocus Pocus first brought the Sanderson Sisters to Salem in the 1993 cult classic, starring Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Kathy Najimy. This year, the witches are back in an all-new sequel, and you can experience the magic of Hocus Pocus during Haunted Happenings by visiting locations from the original film.
Ropes Mansion / Allison’s House: Essex Street
Salem Common / Phillips Elementary School
Old Town Hall / the Halloween party: Derby Square.
Pioneer Village / Thackery Binx’s 17 th -century house
Can people visit the Hocus Pocus filming locations?
The exteriors of the filming locations are accessible by visitors. People wanting to visit “Max and Dani’s House” can walk down Ocean Avenue, non-resident vehicles are not permitted down Ocean Avenue. Visitors are reminded to be respectful of the residents who live in the house on Ocean Avenue. +
Were Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Kathy Najimy in Salem?
No, their scenes were not filmed in Salem.
Is the Sanderson Sisters’ house in Salem?
No, the Sanderson Sisters’ house was created on a set for the film and does not exist.
Where is the Sanderson Sisters’ house on AirBnB?
That house is not in Salem, it is in Danvers, which is adjacent to Salem.
Are the Sanderson sisters real?
The scariest house on Airbnb is the ‘Hocus Pocus’ cottage
- Don’t get your knickers in a twist, it’s just a haunted Airbnb.
- The Sanderson sisters of “Hocus Pocus” fame are inviting guests to stay at their creepy cottage in the remote woods of Salem, Massachusetts, this Halloween season.
- The witchy trio’s home has been recreated in celebration of “,” which will be streaming on Disney+ beginning September 30.
- The Halloween classic tells the fictional story of Winifred, Sarah and Mary Sanderson, who were executed in the late 1600s for witchcraft, but are inadvertently resurrected three centuries later and hellbent on sucking the soul of a child to remain alive.
The story is loosely based on Salem’s very real history of witches. In 1692 and 1693, townsfolk accused more than 200 people of witchcraft and executed 20, according to, The Sanderson sisters are fictional (as is their cottage), but three sisters were really accused of being witches in 1692 – Sarah Cloyce, Rebecca Nurse and Mary Easty, according to the, Those brave enough to spend a night in the Sandersons’ cottage may want to sleep with one eye open. “Wooden boards that groan under the weight of curious cats and cupboards filled with blood of owl and herb that’s red (and even a hair from Winifred’s head) await those who dare to explore the cottage’s dark corners,” Airbnb said in a statement.
- Guests can even try to cast enchantments from the sisters’ spell book, though Kathy Najimy, who plays Mary Sanderson in the movie, doesn’t recommend it.
- “Don’t open that book – there’s a witchcraft book, but I wouldn’t open that if I were them,” she told CNN.
- Najimy said that she and her costars, Bette Midler (Winifred Sanderson) and Sarah Jessica Parker (Sarah Sanderson), believe fans of the iconic movie will enjoy the experience.
“It’s going to be unique and frightening a lot like me,” Najimy said. “The actual whole cottage will have all the Sanderson’s touches. But they’ll have the things that people need to have a good time, sheets and towels and beds and broomsticks and dead man’s toes and frightening things like that too.
- Really wild vivid recreation.” As for Najimy’s favorite room in the cottage? Mary’s loft, of course.
- I’d be lying if I didn’t say it’s my favorite room,” she said.
- It’ll have Mary’s broom.
- It’s got frightening charm, little bits of scary things and is much better than the other two witches’ kingdoms.
My loft is going to be cool.” The cottage will host two guests for an exclusive stay on October 20 for only $31. The listing will be offered on Airbnb starting October 12 at 1pm ET. : The scariest house on Airbnb is the ‘Hocus Pocus’ cottage
How old is Hocus Pocus?
Updated 2023-07-18T14:44:11Z “Hocus Pocus” is a classic film. Walt Disney Pictures
Disney’s ” Hocus Pocus ” was released in 1993 and it has since become a Halloween classic. Leonardo DiCaprio said he was offered the chance to play Max, but he turned down the role. Real moths fly out of Billy’s mouth in the film, and there is a sequel in the works.
Can I watch Hocus Pocus 2 at midnight on Disney plus?
Hocus Pocus 2 | Official Trailer | Disney+ Halloween ghouls and goblins everywhere, rejoice! Hocus Pocus is back with Hocus Pocus 2, the sequel to the beloved spooky 1993 film starring Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Kathy Najimy.29 years after the Sanderson sisters tried their best to destroy a sleepy New England town, the sisters have returned to Salem seeking their revenge.
- Hocus Pocus 2 premieres on Disney+ tomorrow, Friday, September 30 at 12 a.m.
- To watch, get access to Disney+ or the Disney Bundle on Hulu,
- You can watch Hocus Pocus 2 starting September 30 on Disney+.
- If you don’t already have access to Disney+, you can sign up to watch Hocus Pocus 2 starting at $7.99/month or $79.99/year.
Alternatively, opt for The Disney Bundle on Hulu and watch Hulu, Disney+, and ESPN+ ad-free for $19.99/month. What time does Hocus Pocus 2 actually become available to watch on Disney+? You can watch the new Hocus Pocus 2 starting at midnight PT on Friday, September 30 only on Disney+.
Bette Midler as Winifred Sanderson Sarah Jessica Parker as Sarah Sanderson Kathy Najimy as Mary Sanderson Whitney Peak as Becca Belissa Escobedo as Izzy Lilia Buckingham as Cassie Froy Gutierrez as Mike Sam Richardson as Gilbert Doug Jones as Billy Butcherson
HOW TO WATCH What : Hocus Pocus 2 When : Available starting on Friday, September 30 at 12 a.m. PT TV channel : Not on regular TV, available only streaming on Disney+ Watch live stream online : You can watch Hocus Pocus 2 starting September 30 on Disney+.
- If you don’t already have access to Disney+, you can sign up to watch Hocus Pocus 2 starting at $7.99/month or $79.99/year.
- Alternatively, opt for The Disney Bundle on Hulu and watch Hulu, Disney+, and ESPN+ ad-free for $19.99/month.
- What if I’m already a Hulu subscriber and want to add Disney+? Sign up for Disney+ using the same email that’s associated with your Hulu account, no matter which type of Hulu account it is.
You’ll still be charged for the full price for your Hulu account every month, but you will receive a $5.99 credit toward a Disney+ subscription, Subscribe to Oregonian/OregonLive newsletters and podcasts for the latest news and top stories. If you purchase a product or register for an account through a link on our site, we may receive compensation.